Wednesday, September 05, 2007

9-5 for internet?

The installers at bell and cogeco are strange creatures, they ask for a 9-5 window when installing a phone line or initially connecting a cable. This is installing a phone line even if your room has jacks (weird).

I mean normally if you have phone jacks they just connect you at the CO box and your loop is established. I'm assuming they want to come by and perform an initial line sync test.

Anyways after I get a sync, I intend on doing some speed measurements and provided I can approach the speeds achieved from the same ISP in Toronto and my download rates from speed test servers stay above 1Mbps I believe we'd be all set with this internet.

No comments:

Hobbies

I need new hobbies. Two years into COVID-19 my hobby became everything COVID related everything from keeping up with the latest restriction...